Thursday, July 31, 2003

Suddenly, about an hour ago, I realized I wasn't in pain anymore. Partly, I think that it is the 800 mg of Ibuprofen that I took this morning and partly, I think that it's my back sorting itself out. Last night I felt like crap. I literally crawled up the stairs to bed and woke up several times in the night, basically every time I tried to move, a shooting pain would wake me. This morning when I got up, I was able to stand up straight but I was walking very slowly. I took one 400 mg Ibuprofen when I made it to the washroom. After breakfast, I took another one and was feeling not to bad by the time I got to work. I'm still walking a little slower than usual and I have to be very careful on the stairs but I'm feeling almost good right now. I know that I won't be able to lift anything heavier than my purse for the next few days and I'll be extremely cautious when I'm exercising (at this point, twisting myself in the wrong direction will just cause me to re-injure myself).

Obviously, I haven't worked out in 2 days now and I do miss it but I don't want to attempt it again until at least tomorrow, possibly Saturday. Eating today has been good. Yesterday's was okay until after dinner. I was feeling really rotten and both of us had had a really bad day so we did some emotional eating at the Dairy Queen. Lately, I don't beat myself up about stuff like that. I know that on the whole, I'm doing so much good for myself that an occasional visit to the DQ or a caloric splurge on something else is not going to make me gain all my weight back. I just can't do it everyday and I don't.

At this moment, I'm just really relieved to be feeling better. I may actually be a position to enjoy the long weekend instead of laying, flat on my back on a heating pad watching reruns of the Love Boat on TV land!

No comments: