Saturday, July 05, 2003

I posted this on the weigh-better board but I thought I'd put it up here too (for those of you who aren't reading over there). A while back, I wrote about how I could finally fit into those red capris I bought last summer. This week, I'm happy to report that I'm going to have to have my mum (she's an awesome seamstress) alter them for me. We were walking around the Futureshop today and they nearly fell off of me!!

Speaking of Capri's, my mum made me a really nice pair of white capri's for my birthday, back in May. She had added a few inches to a 32W pattern to make me pants over the years (my ass was way to big to fit into the 32W standard pattern pants). She hadn't made any for me over the past couple of years as I didn't want her measuring me because I knew that I'd put on more than a few inches.

Yesterday, she popped over with another pair she'd made me. A very funky floral pattern on a white background. I knew that she was making them and that she had only a small amount of the fabric to work with (it was the end of a bolt that she picked up at Bouclair). She called me the other night in a panic because she didn't know if she was going to have enough. I suggested that she take off a couple of inches and we'd see what happened. I figured they'd either fit me or they'd act as a good motivator for me to get into them. When I (nervously) tried them on, they fit!! Not only did they fit, they were a little big. She told me that I was now "officially" the size 32W on the pattern (she had cut out the extra inches she'd been adding for all these years).

I was so happy to hear this. The last pair of jeans I bought was what's called a "supersize," 38W. Now I'm back into regular plus sized stuff in pants (I've been down from a 36W top to a 30W/32W for a little while now). This time next year, I'd love to be into regular sizes. Time (and a lot more hard work) will tell!

No comments: