Sunday, July 27, 2003

Wow, I just realized that I haven't written anything all weekend. I guess that nothing really super exciting (because, you know, my life is just one big roller coaster ride after another!) happened this weekend.

I have been pretty busy around the house. I had a big list of things I wanted to get done this weekend and was able to get all but one of them done. I really wanted to mow the law this weekend but the weather didn't exactly cooperate with us. Yesterday, it threatened rain all day and then last night, it did rain. It was really humid and hot here today and the grass was way too wet to cut. Hopefully tomorrow after work we'll get it done.

I'm so happy about the stuff I did get done though. The whole house is clean and our guest bedroom is (for probably the first time ever), completely devoid of clutter. It looks so nice. The bookshelves are organized, the boxes of "stuff" are gone, my sewing corner is all set up and ready to go. We could actually have company now! We have had overnight guests before but they've either been family or really close friends who didn't mind the mess. I can't get over how happy clearing up that room has made me.

Our office is in great shape too. We don't have a basement in our house so our third bedroom is our computer room, storage space. It's also really organized now. There are a few boxes to go through yet but they are neatly piled in a corner. We also carted a huge load of stuff to goodwill and threw out of a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff that has been floating around. We have a few pictures to get back up on the walls of our bedroom and the bathroom (and the guest room too, now that I think of it) to get everything back together.

Because I was so busy working around the house that I didn't workout. My eating was pretty good thought. I mean, Saturday is my "break" day but I never go overboard. Even though I don't totally count everything, I never end up going that far over what I'd normally have. This is a good thing for me! I decided too that I'm not going to measure myself every week. Once a month should be fine. I will still weigh myself every Saturday though. Yesterday's weigh-in showed me down another pound. I'm really happy about that! I wasn't sure what the scales would say, it had been an odd week for me. Sometimes, I'm just so thrilled to be not gaining back any of what I've lost so far that a loss is like gravy!

Tomorrow I'll be back to normal workouts, in my nice clean and organized house! My weekend's been wonderful, productive yet relaxing. I hope everyone else had a great weekend too!

No comments: