Tuesday, May 27, 2003

back on track

Monday was definitely a good, on plan day for me. I worked out in the morning and was really careful about my food, more careful than I’d been in a few days and it showed in the numbers. My fat intake was way better than it had been.

We had a bunch of errands to do last night after work and didn’t have a lot of food in the house so we decided to eat out. I had to do banking and get some groceries and make a couple of other stops in the west end so we ended up at the Chinese buffet I’ve written about before. I was super careful about my choices. The last time we’d been there I’d treated myself to an egg roll with some plum sauce. I did not do this last night. I kept with veggies (lots of them and they were super fresh and delicious!) and lean meat. When I got home and figured out the numbers, I ended up being right on track and the fat thing was under control.

Tonight we’re eating at home so the fat thing shouldn’t be a problem. Eating low fat at home is really easy; it just gets tough on the outside. We don’t keep fatty foods in the house anymore so we won’t tempt ourselves.

When I woke up this morning, my back was a little sore. I slept very soundly last night so I think I may have just been in a weird position or something. I took it very easy when I worked out this morning and I could feel my back loosening up after I was done. I’m glad that I did exercise despite my back. It would have been really easy for me to just say “to heck with it, my back’s sore” and miss a morning. I’m really trying to keep with my goal of exercising 6 days out of 7, so far, over the past few weeks; I’ve been able to keep with that one.

No comments: