Sunday, May 11, 2003

busy weekends and more victories in my closet

I'm still here. Yikes, where did the weekend go. I never did get around to posting yesterday, I wasn't home long enough to put anything of note together. My hunny was working on the computer (doing upgrades and the like) all day so is the first chance that I've had to sit down and write.

The stomach bug I had on Friday didn't hang around for long and I was able to work yesterday. It was a long day, physically quite gruelling but I survived. I noticed that my energy level and my strength was much greater than it was the last time I worked a large event. While setting up we had to move a lot of tables and display cabinets around, put shelving units together, run around a lot, here and there...and it didn't tire me out. I felt great actually. It did get quite hot later in the day and that affected me more than the lugging and slugging. I think I still had a touch of the bug because I was knocked on my ass and had to sit down for a bit by mid-afternoon.

Today we had errands and stuff to do. I did laundry all day it seemed and I packed away my sweaters and dug out my summer clothes. I was really thrilled to discover that a pair of capris that I had bought on eBay last summer now fit me. I was so disappointed when they arrived last year and were too snug on my bum and thighs. I just wasn't comfortable in them at all. Today I pulled them on, zipped them (with ease!) and they fit terrifically. I have noticed though that some of my everyday pants are getting ridiculously big and I'm feeling quite a bit thinner through my hips lately. I haven't tried absolutely everything on yet. I did try on a couple of pairs of shorts that were banished to the Rubbermaid bin last summer and found that they fit too. This is the first time in as long as I can remember that I haven't dreaded pulling stuff out and trying it on. When I was packing my sweaters and other winter stuff away I found myself hoping that it'll all be way too big in the fall when I pull it out again. Here's hoping!!

No comments: