Monday, May 26, 2003

I had such a tough time getting out of bed this morning. I’m not sure if it’s because its overcast and rainy again or because I had a really difficult time falling asleep last night. Whatever it was, I really had to push myself to get downstairs and onto that bike this morning. My arms are still store from the gardening I did yesterday. It’s my forearms mostly; from the shoveling I’m thinking.

Today is my measuring Monday and I weighed and measured myself. My measurements haven’t been changing all that much over the past few weeks, a half-inch and there but no radical movements. Overall I’m doing okay though and I’m noticing the change in my clothes every week. I noticed that my bicep measurement was up instead of down this week; I must be getting muscle-y there or something from my weight work.

For those few weeks during the end of April / beginning of May, the scale didn’t change much at all. This morning was no different, I was up about a pound but down 2.5 inches overall from last week. I’m not beating myself up over it though. I know that part of it was not working out on Saturday in combination with the free day. In future, I’ll definitely work out on the free-food day to try to counteract the negative results. I know that my fat intake was a little higher than I would have liked last week too. Calorie-wise, I kept pretty much in line but I really have to get back into concentrating on keeping the fat as low as possible.

Here is this week’s Progress Prompt:

Now that summer has started (at least in some areas), what are your thoughts and feelings about wearing a bathing suit? Have you purchased it yet? If so, what does it look like? Where did you buy it? How did you feel when you bought it? Do you have a pool where you live and do you plan to use it regularly?

Unlike a lot of women who are my size, I’m not uncomfortable in a swimsuit. In fact, in preparation for our trip to the Maritimes, I bought two new bathing suits last summer. I love the water and even though I’m a big fat woman, I don’t let that keep me from the pool. When we were in Toronto last month, we went swimming and I noticed that the new suit I bought last summer is kind of big. I probably won’t buy a new one this summer. If the new ones get too big to wear, I have two older ones that I think I can make do for one more summer. I’d much rather wait and get a new one when I’m down another couple of sizes. The smaller ones are kind of old and worn out but I think I could get one more summer out of them. The suits I bought last summer are definitely “big girl” suits with the little skirty deal and everything. They are really nice fabric and I like the colours and patterns but I’d rather be able to wear my older, smaller ones.

One day, we’d really love to put an in-ground pool in our backyard. In the meantime, we do swim at our little-old-guy’s place (he’s in a lovely apartment complex that has a gorgeous pool).

No comments: