Tuesday, May 06, 2003

It's a very good thing that I woke up full of piss and vinegar this morning because if I hadn't, I'd be laid out under my desk right now.

As I've mentioned before, I work in a building which is over 160 years old and is silly with stairs. This morning, I've been running (not walking) up and down stairs, hauling boxes hither and yon. Heavy boxes. Boxes full of printing stuff. Paper is light when it's just one sheet, when it's 5000 sheets, it's darned heavy! It's not been killing me though, I'm giving the stairs and the boxes the good fight and I'm winning. I'm not sure how many calories all of these stairs and boxes are burning but it's probably more than I did working out this morning.

Foodwise, nothing has tempted me today so far. A coworker just got back from a trip to Tuscany and has been offering some yummy looking Italian chocolates but I've resisted and feel good about it. Kicking the asses of candy, boxes and stairs feels pretty good!

No comments: