Thursday, May 15, 2003

I hate to brag...

I'm having an awesome week so far. I feel much better this week than I have in ages. I feel like my body is finally totally back to normal after the abuse I heaped on it during those "lost weekends" at the end of April and beginning of May.

I have slept so well the past two nights; I have more energy than I've had in a while. My workouts feel amazing, I'm really sweating and working and pushing myself and am loving it. I've also done really well with my food choices this week. Overall, I'm keeping up with my goals for the week and hopefully this will show me some excellent results on my next measuring Monday.

This weekend we're having a family BBQ at our place and at first I was nervous about it, about the food. I realized though that my parents and our little old guy are all watching their fat intake and just because we're celebrating, it doesn't mean that we have to pig out on fatty food, we can pig out on healthy stuff. We're having steaks and baked potato, grilled veggies and I'm going to do a huge tray of veggies with low fat dip. We will be having a cheesecake for dessert (the little old guy requested it for his birthday) but I'm going to make sure that we have a big bowl of fruit salad there too.

non scale victory of the week:

Yesterday I realized that I’ve been spending way too much time yanking my jeans. They're really getting big on me and it was getting annoying while I was out running errands yesterday. I was sure that I was still too big to get into to my old jeans (two sizes smaller) so it was kind of bugging me because I really can't wear these new-ish ones any more (I bought them last summer).

When I got home last night, I thought I’d give them a go anyway, if they were too small still, I’d have to work that much harder to get into them so I could ditch the baggy ones. Last year, I threw out almost all of my “thinner” clothes, stuff I’d not gotten into in a while. For some reason, I hung onto 3 old pairs of jeans. The one pair is brand new with tags still on. When I pulled them up, I could actually get the button done up. I'll probably not be able to get the fly up for a little while longer but I can actually button them!!

I tried another pair on, one that I'd worn a fair bit and had "broken in." Not only could I get the button done up, I could zip them up. They're a little snug but so tight that I can't wear them. I'm so happy. I honestly never thought that I'd ever get into them and still am not sure why I hung on to them, I’m just so glad that I did. They’re 2 sizes smaller than the ones I can’t wear anymore!! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I’m sure, I can’t agree enough with whoever said, “nothing tastes as good as fitting into smaller clothes feels!”

No comments: