Saturday, May 24, 2003

free day in the rain

Today ended up being a workout break day. When I found out that my hunny wouldn't be working today, I planned for it. My weekly goal is to workout 6 out of 7 days. I'd worked out the previous 7 days so I was due for a break.

We had a great day together, we slept in and vegged out this morning. We went out for a late breakfast and did some errands and then spent the afternoon just hanging around the house. I got laundry done and we watched the tube. It's been raining here all day today so we didn't get much done outside. He had mowed the lawn last night and I had most of my weeding caught up so there wasn't much to do. I did, however, did a hole this morning, in the rain. Rain definitely makes digging holes in one's garden much easier. My aunt gave me some peonies for my garden and I wanted to get the bush into the ground asap. It has little buds on it and might flower (hopefully) this year if it doesn't go into too much shock from the transplant.

I really enjoyed running around and doing errands in the rain. I'm just feeling so good about myself lately and am so full of energy, the rain felt great. I felt great. I still feel great, although I'm a little full from dinner. Foodwise, we decided that today would be a "free" day. For breakfast, I kept pretty much on plan, I had a delicious turkey club sandwich. The turkey was all white meat and really tender. I almost never eat bread anymore so it was a great treat for me. Because we had breakfast late, we didn't bother with lunch. Our little old guy called up in the afternoon and asked if he could take us to Boston Pizza for dinner. We'd never been, the one here has been open about a year but because it's primarily a sports bar, we put off going until the no-smoking by-law kicked in (May 1). It was pretty horrible, but I'm not surprised, corporate pizza is almost always bland and terrible. I know that I won't be going back. Fortunately, we ordered two small pizza's for the three of us, salad and diet cokes. We had leftovers of everything. The pizza was okay but the service and the atmosphere was terrible. Also, it was full of yuppie families. I'm not a big fan of dining amongst small children (which is one of the many reasons I don't have any!) so that was kind of a drag. I did notice though that the men who were in there with their children and wives were oblivious to everything except the ball games which were on strategically placed TV's throughout the dining room (yay, just like home I'm sure!).

When I got home and figured out my calories, I was pretty good. The fat content was a little higher than I would have liked but not disgusting. I did treat myself to some M&M's to munch on tonight though and I'm not counting them!! I figure that it's my TOM and it's been dreadful and I'm going to enjoy them. Tomorrow the free day's over and I'm back on track. Today's been fun but I'm glad that we don't do this every weekend anymore.

No comments: