Monday, May 05, 2003

Lunchtime already. The day is just flying by for me today. This is a very good thing, considering how yucky I felt when I woke up this morning. I just could not drag my butt out of bed. This has been going on for over a week now. I did get up (obviously) but things seemed to conspire against me getting in a full workout. I really had no energy when I got out of bed but I pulled on my workout gear and went downstairs. This was a struggle because my back was slightly "twingey" as I made my way down the stairs. I got to the living room, turned on the TV and went to get onto the bike...I heard a big nose and felt my foot hit something...the potted plant that I had moved yesterday so I could open the patio doors, was now on it's side, next to the bike. When I drew my foot back to climb away from the bike, I dragged potting soil with it. Charming. I keep a small broom-vac thing in the kitchen (fortunately) but had to get the beater bar off of it and put the hose attachment on it to clean up. Lucky for me, the poor plant needed a drink or it would have been a huge mess. By the time I got the hose on (without breaking any nails -- not sure how that happened but I'm glad about it) and cleaned it up, my time was seriously slipping away and my back was bugging me. I did get on the bike eventually but I only did 2.5 miles. If I'm feeling up to it tonight I'll do another 2.5 and some weights.

I weighed and measured myself this morning and am happy to report that I haven't gained anything. I'm happy about this because there was no way I was expecting a loss and I'm relieved that I didn't see a gain (either in inches or ounces). I'm completely committed to staying on program this week and on the weekend. I'm going to be very busy with work next weekend so that should make things easier. Being laid up on Saturday just messed me up.

Goals for the week of May 5:

1. Increase my water intake (so far today that's going well). I've let that slip over the past few days and I think that it was part of my problem, I was tired because I was a little dehydrated.
2. Really really watch my fat intake. Calorie-wise, I didn't go too far over what I should have but the fat numbers were higher than I would have liked so I want to curb that this week.
3. Exercise every day this week, even it's just a little bit. I feel so much better when I do and I'm not likely to indulge bad cravings if I've exercised (I can't stand the thought of undoing that effort by eating a Mars bar or something equally bad).

No comments: