Monday, May 12, 2003

weekend aftermath

Despite the fact that my clothes are fitting better and I’m feeling pretty decent, the scale has not moved this week. Honestly, I’m not totally shocked by this. Two weeks ago, we were away for the weekend, last weekend, we went off track significantly and this past weekend was a bit of an eating washout.

Fortunately, I kept my activity level fairly decent so that may have helped to counteract any negative effects from my eating. Until Saturday night, I was doing really well. After I was finished working, we went out to eat, and we had breakfast out yesterday…and then dinner out. So we had 3 meals, which were not exactly perfect nutritional choices. This activity has to be snipped in the bud. I’ve put my foot down this week. No eating out this week.

Eating out itself isn’t a horrible thing to do. What is bad is eating stuff that has too much fat in it. That’s been my downfall the past two weekends. I’ve definitely gotten better at keeping my portions down and I fill up much faster than I used to in the past so things are sort of controlled. When I sit down afterwards though and figure it out on FitDay, it’s bad. The fat portion of my pie chart is just gross. I did go over in my calories both Saturday and Sunday (Saturday wasn’t as bad as Sunday) but only a smidgen, the fat content was way higher than I normally allow myself (and I usually find my allowable fat intake it to be a very manageable amount).

It’s such a numbers game, and I’m trying hard not to get discouraged by them. The scale, I don’t worry about because I know how much better my clothes are fitting. I’m going to try to focus on just being healthier this week. I want to be smarter about my choices; I want to plan our week’s worth of meals out. Last week, I did pretty well with the exercise and water. I’m going to keep at that this week.

Working out is going well for me, which is good. I’m enjoying it and I’m being consistent with my workouts. Last week, I exercised 6 out of 7 days. I’m going to try to stick to that. Ideally, I’d like to do it every day but I figure I can give myself a day off here and there without too much difficulty. I must admit that I find it tough if I take more than 2 days off though. It’s a real struggle to get back into it if I’m off for more than that.

Goals for this week:
1. exercise 6 out of the next 7 days.
2. keep working on increasing water intake.
3. keep a close eye on the amount of fat I’m ingesting.
4. don’t worry about the scale so much.
5. focus on feeling healthier!

No comments: