Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Blogger has been doing upgrades and for some reason, my page was completely wonky earlier. Re-publishing seems to have fixed whatever the issue was. Odd huh?

Yesterday was another great, on plan day. I am continuing to do early morning workouts and I find that this helps to keep me on track for the whole day (most days). I hate to think of undoing the good that the exercise does by over-indulging in something.

We did go out for dinner last night, to the Chinese buffet we like. I know that some folks have trouble keeping in plan at a buffet but I don't see it as a chance to make a pig of myself. I look at it as an opportunity to enjoy a large variety of foods. Fortunately, this one has a great selection of veggie dishes and non-sauce-laden protein options so I always walk away satisfied.

I've been thinking a fair bit about how much better I've felt over the past week or so. I know that it's down to the food and fitness stuff but I wonder how much of it is the vitamin supplements kicking in. I've been taking a Calcium and Magnesium pill plus a multi-vitamin for a few months now and I wonder it's taken until now to really work. Another benefit/side effect of this lifestyle change seems to be my allergies. Actually, I've had a lack of allergy symptoms this spring. This is surprising because I'm usually on the Reactine and sneezing my head off by now. This spring, so far, I've had almost no symptoms, other than a couple of mornings of red / sore eyes. I now wonder if my susceptibility to pollen was increased because some kind of deficiency in my diet (or if some processed food that I used to eat caused this)? I'm not complaining about it but it sure makes me scratch my head a bit, wondering.

No comments: