Wednesday, May 14, 2003

post-birthday report

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 36 and it was sort anti-climatic after 35. Jumping from 18-34 to 35 to 54 seemed traumatic almost, this year, my birthday wasn't a huge deal to me. We did go out for dinner last night though and had a great time. We went to our favourite Chinese buffet restaurant after work. I managed to stay pretty much on plan. I went a smidgen over on my calories because I treated myself to some chocolaty dessert. I also gave myself a day off from working out in honour of my special day.

Today I worked a 1/2 day and spent the afternoon running errands. I saw my doctor and we chatted about what I've been doing with my fitness program and she was really impressed with what I've been able to accomplish since January. I have a very very excellent and cool doctor and I love her a lot. Her words to me were "that fuckin' rocks, you go girl!" I'm going to check in with her once a month for a weigh-in. She said that some of her other patients do this too and that they find it helpful. I think it'll be good for me, she can weigh me, check my BP, make sure I'm on the right track.

After my appointment, I took our little-old-guy shopping. After we got our groceries, we went back to his place and put his stuff away, scooted over to my place to put our stuff away and then picked my hunny up at work. We went to Swiss Chalet for an early dinner and had a great time. It was so nice to be out getting our stuff done before the rush. I also stayed on plan today, perfectly and had a great workout before work. So far this week is going really well and I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Wednesday Weigh-In for May 14th

Previous to trying to lose weight/get fit has there ever been a time in your life when you felt really good about your body?

As an adult, I didn't get hung about my size. I was a 10 pound baby, born to farm-stock type Irish parents and was always a big kid. As an adult, I learned to accept and even love my body. I don't hate my fat body right now. I love that I'm feeling better and getting healthier with each day that passes and that's why I'm getting fit and losing weight. It's all about the health aspect as far as I'm concerned. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving that I can get into old clothes that I'd out grown and I'm looking forward to possibly getting down to a size where I don't have pay an arm and a leg to find stuff that I like. That kind of stuff is like icing on the low-fat cake for me. I'm concentrating on being as fit and healthy as I can possibly be for as long as I possibly can. I want to live to be a very old, very happy, very healthy lady!

No comments: