Friday, March 21, 2003

Friday, already. This week was a blur. I am happy that I made it through, on program. I changed my workout this morning, instead of the biking / weights thing, I did some serious walking. It felt great to be outside in the springy weather. It was misty and dull today but still warm. I felt great after the walk, I still like my bike and all but it was nice to mix things up a bit.

My boss and I were out running errands for the best of the morning. We ended up going out for lunch afterwards and we ended up at the Chalet. We usually only go there at night or on the weekends and I didn't realize that they had a fabulous lunch menu. I had a 1/2 wrap and garden salad, it was perfect. Their club wrap sandwich is my favourite thing on the menu and I absolutely love the way they do garden salads so to have a 1/2 sandwich and salad suited me down to the ground. We've had to eat out a few times this week, what with what's been going on and all, and I've managed to stay completely on plan.

While T and I were out running around this morning, we stopped at this discount store for a few minutes. I found myself looking at clothes in a different way. I am still wearing plus sizes (and expect to be for a while yet) but today was the first time in a LONG time that I actually bothered to look at regular sized clothes. I was able to picture myself in them, not this year, but next summer....I've never been able to do that before. What I did buy though was a really funky cool purse. We have an evening wedding to go next month and I needed a new bag for that. It has to be big enough for my camera stuff but still cute...I found the perfect bag, and it was only $10! I have a "nice" black dress (I love black!) that I wear for events at work that I plan to wear to the wedding. I also have a really "cute" black dress (a classic little black dress) that I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years on back up. If I can get into that, I'll wear it instead. It's quite short and swingy and funky and it would be really nice to wear it again. Here's hoping!! I haven't been excited about clothes in a long time. The past few years, if it fit, that was all I needed it to do. Now, I'm actually having fun with clothes again. I had almost forgotten how much fun it can be!

No comments: