Tuesday, March 18, 2003

What a day we've had. My father-in-law had to be taken to emerg this morning and we spent the whole day, stressing at the hospital. He has been admitted into the cardiac care unit for observation for a few days. This is just a precaution, he had an ulcerated aorta and, because he's on blood thinners, they want to monitor him while they take him off of those and keep an eye on the tear. The doctors are fabulous and are confident that he'll be home by the weekend. He was teasing the nurses pretty good when we left him so I think he's taking all of this much better than we are.

This may sound silly (or not) but I was so glad that I'd worked out this morning, I know that it gave me the strength I needed to get through the stress of the day. Fortunately, my office is directly across the street from the hospital so I was able to literally run down there when I got the call. We were so brain dead on the way home that we stopped off for dinner, at Pizza Hut of all place. Pizza is one of my major trigger foods. I guess because we'd not eaten much of anything all day, the calories were under control. Also, I'd ordered a thin crust veggie pizza which was tasty and not as bad as say, stuffed crust with the works. For the first time ever, we didn't take what was left over, home. I'm not sure what will be going on with us for the next few days but I know that I'll sleep better tonight knowing that my father-in-law is in good hands.

No comments: