Monday, March 03, 2003

This week's Progress Prompt:

Do you eat out? How often?

We generally eat out once or twice each week. Prior to our lifestyle change, we ate out several times a week.

Are you able to select healthy choices or are you easily overwhelmed or intimidated by the food menu?

We have limited the number of places that we will go to and I always plan, carefully, what I'm going to have when eating out. My hubby's elderly dad lives here in town and we take him for groceries each week and usually have dinner with him afterwards. It's usually Swiss Chalet or a really nice Chinese Buffet which is close to our house.

What are your strategies for staying OP if you're having a meal outside your usual parameters (at home, at work)?

As I mentioned above, I carefully plan my meals, just as I would at home. I have found that if you use the online resources which most "chain" restaurants have, you can determine exactly what it is that you're putting into your mouth. I journal all of my food at Fitday and use it to figure out what I'm going to allow myself to eat in a "foreign" food environment. It's kept me totally on track!

No comments: