Thursday, March 20, 2003

Wow, despite everything that is going on right now I had a great day, food and fitness wise. I kept my calories quite low and my fat, almost non-existent today. Not bad huh? I'm still a little surprised that this current family crisis hasn't got me wallowing in potato chips or chocolate bars.

It ended up that I didn't workout properly today but I did get a lot of exercise anyway. We moved offices today so there much lifting and carrying and up and down of stairs today. I felt pretty good after it was over but I'm a little stiff in my calves right now. We did have movers to the bulk of the heavy lifting but you really work your muscles hauling boxes of files hither and yon as you pack and unpack. I think my calves are tight only because I wore some sneakers at work the past couple of days that I hadn't worn all winter. In fact, I haven't worn my winter boots since Tuesday -- It was probably the schlepping around in the hospital in them that did my leg muscles in, in the first place. What I like is how strong I feel and how much easier it is for me to be running the stairs at work. I know that this probably doesn't sound like a huge fitness accomplishment to many folks but to me, it's a big deal.

I won't have as rushed a morning tomorrow as I did today so I'll be back to morning workouts for sure. I'm going into the office a little later than normal and then I'm working at home in the afternoon so I should have an excellent day, workout wise, tomorrow. Hope you do too!!

No comments: