Friday, March 28, 2003

I'm still here, I just haven't felt much like posting today. I do make an attempt though, to post every day but some days I have more to write than others.

My father-in-law is home from the hospital now. We've been so exhausted and stressed out during this whole episode that I'm surprised we survived. We decided to have a "free meal" tonight and quite enjoyed ourselves. It's the first time since we started this program that we actually threw caution to the wind. In the back of my mind I was still counting calories and still recorded everything in Fitday when we got home but I'm not feeling bad about going a couple of hundred calories over today. I had a really sensible breakfast and lunch so an extravagant meal to celebrate someone's homecoming (and our own ability to get through it - sanity in tact - sort of) isn't too bad. Particularly when we haven't done anything like this in almost 4 months. I even had dessert tonight (chocolate chip cookies) and really really enjoyed them.

I realized though, how much my thinking about food has changed. We eat out fairly often but usually at the same few places and I know how to order to keep on plan. Tonight, at a different spot, without having to be "careful," I was still thinking about what everything was and what was in it. In the past, I wouldn't have had the activity thing happening to keep the intake under control. Again, that part of my life has changed for the better. Because of this, I though that I burned way more calories than I consumed today and tomorrow I'm right back on plan.

Treats are great, like all things, in moderation.

No comments: