Thursday, March 06, 2003

It was such a long day, I'm so happy to be home and chilling out. We took my father-in-law out for supper tonight. We didn't go to any of our "safe" bets, we tried a place that we hadn't been to in a few years. It was pretty okay, we ordered very sensibly and came in under slightly for the day. It's amazing what a difference it can make when you avoid creamy and fried things. I had a wonderful club sandwich on really fresh whole grain bread and some salad and baked potato with it.

I didn't ride my bike tonight but we stopped off for a few odds and ends for the weekend at the grocery store so I got a tonne of walking in then. Also, we're moving office at work so I was up and down the stairs a tonne of times today. My office is being moved upstairs so I'll have a lot of extra exercise each day, which I'm looking forward to. I do notice though that my heel started bothering me by the end of the day again. I'm thinking now that it's related to the stairs and I'm sure it will subside when I get used do doing all that running.

When we were at Loblaws, I stopped off in the health food section to try and find a calcium supplement. I'm trying to get the most nutritional bang for my "buck" so to speak and I have noticed that my calcium is a little lower than I'd like it to be. Rather than go for a multi-vitamin, I found a Calcium, Magnesium and Vitamin D supplement. The woman I spoke with explained the difference between the different brands and combinations of stuff and this one came out on top and was on special. I find that the reports section of Fitday is great for finding out where you're getting too much or not enough of a given vitamin and/or mineral. I'm really concerned about my bones and teeth. I don't want to end up with osteoporosis or dentures when I'm a little old lady so I figured I'd best get started on this now.

Anyway, I'm making lots of typos now so I should skip off to bed. 'night all!

No comments: