Monday, March 24, 2003

Monday, what a day.

I'll be so glad when we're back on a normal routine. I've been trying my very best to get everything that I ordinarily do, into my day along with the extra stuff that we now have to do (daily visits to the hospital, extra errands for my father in law, more hours in the office getting ready for the move, skipping lunches, etc.). I'm absolutely exhausted, even after having had a good night's sleep last night and a nap yesterday morning. I think that everything had just caught up with me.

Also, last week, I stayed within my calorie range, and, with the exception Wednesday, I did some exercise every day, my eating was totally wonky. I'd been into this habit of getting the most nutritional bang for my "calorie buck" if you know what I mean. Last week was tough because we ate out, a lot. I mean, Tuesday night, after spending the whole day in Emerg, we actually ate at Pizza Hut! Add that to a couple of meals at the Chinese Buffet, my calories were in line but the fat was out of control. I also had periods of missing taking my vitamins. I have a feeling that this was contributing to my malaise, that and stress.

The oddest thing happened today though, and it happened twice last week, I skipped lunch. Me!! She who never (or rarely) misses a meal! Skipped Lunch!! I just wasn't hungry and I was so busy that I just worked through and grabbed an apple (yes, an apple, not a bag of chips, not a gigantic -- and delicious -- chocolate-chocolate chip muffin - a granny smith apple) 1/2 way through the afternoon. Perhaps that is why I went a little "fat wild" last week, somewhere inside me I felt "entitled" because of the skipped meals. Whatever it was, the combination of the bad-ish eating, the stress, the forgetting about the vitamins and the irregular exercise routine really caught up with me over the past 24 hours.

I do feel a lot better though for having worked out this morning. With every day that goes by, I'm finding the stairs at work easier and easier. I'm not running up them but I'm not gasping at the top and I'm definitely running down them. I know that by getting back into my normal eating routine (we're having a healthy home-made dinner here tonight -- no more Chinese Buffet for a while) and continue with my morning workouts, everything else will fall back into place. Although I did show some losses on my measurements this week, it wasn't as good as it had been in previous weeks and I really want to work on that, get those numbers down some more before my spring / summer clothes claw their way out of the Rubbermaid bins next month.

I better run now, supper smells amazing!!

No comments: