Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Once again, it's time for the weekly, Wednesday Weigh-In:

Sabotage

1. What is scary about losing weight?

I don't know if I would say that I was necessarily scared about losing weight. When I first implemented the changes to my lifestyle I was a little intimidated by the process, about how long it would take me to reach my goal. I am a little concerned (again, I think scared is a little strong) that after I have lost the weight that I want to and I'm feeling more healthy and fit that I may have a lot of excess skin on my body. I think that by doing this slowly, it won't be as much of a problem as it might be for someone who, let's say, has weight loss surgery.

2. Do you have hidden payoffs for remaining overweight? If so, what are they?

I can't think of any at all. I suppose that one could argue that eating anything (ie junk / crap food) you wanted, any time you wanted would be a payoff. I don't think so though, in the end, bad nutritional habits will result in poor health. I've been very lucky in that I'm very fat and have remained very healthy overall. I'm in my mid-30's though so I can't expect that this would last forever, hence the change in lifestyle.

3. If you lost weight, what else would you lose?

My fat girl clothes and my bad eating habits are the other things that I've been losing along with the weight.

No comments: