Sunday, March 16, 2003

Today was challenging for me. I woke up with a massive sinus headache this morning. For most of the day yesterday I dragged my butt and had a bit of a headache but I chalked it up to the fact that I hadn't had any coffee. My hunny works on Saturdays but pops home for coffee around 9 a.m. Yesterday, when he got home, I was finishing up my exercise and felt so good about it when I finished that I couldn't be bothered with coffee, I usually have 2 mugs on Saturday. Anyway, today, this headache was just crippling. I found some Advil cold & sinus in the medicine chest and took that. The headache subsided long enough for us to make a trip to the grocery store. What a madhouse that place was. No Frills was crawling with frenzied mothers and their bratty children. You could totally tell that both mothers and children had just had too much of each other during March break. I'm sure that they'll be happy to see the school bus tomorrow morning.

By the time we got home my head had started pounding again. I thought to myself, "fine, today will be a day off and I will just take it easy, no workouts today!" After lunch though, I thought, working out can't possibly make me feel any worse than I already do and, it might possibly help my headache...so I did it. I got off the couch and exercised while watching a show I'd taped on Friday night (Paradise Heights, BBC Canada -- don't miss it!). When I was finished, as I suspected, I didn't feel any worse. My muscles felt good, physically, my body felt great but my head was still pounding.

I'm quite proud of myself though, for making myself move. I like the way that I can feel my muscles moving underneath my fat. I like to imagine that they're chasing the fat cells away. Like in a cartoon, that the muscle is all hot and red and the fat cells are sweaty and have these really worried looks on their faces. I know that probably sounds silly but it works for me!! Foodwise, I had a great day. We had a wonderfully delicious nutritious dinner tonight featuring some gorgeous Chinese eggplant and portabello mushrooms. It's a good thing that we both love stir fry's because we're living on them these days.

My head is down to a dull thud at the moment so I think I'm going to have an early night. I want to get back into that 5 a.m. workout routine again this week. It worked so well for me last week that I'm really looking forward to next week!

No comments: