Tuesday, March 04, 2003

I spent part of Sunday afternoon burning my CD's for the CD Swap, and getting them ready to mail. It was so bitterly cold last night after work that I didn't make it to the post office. I did get there today so, Alison, Kymberlie, Shrinky, Shelly, Bethanne and Carla should keep an eye on their mailboxes cuz there is a package from Canada on it's way to you.

Today has been terrific so far. I actually feel thinner today. I don't feel that way every day but I do feel it today. My favourite cardigan is getting a little loser on me every week and the turtleneck I wore to work today is starting to get a little on the baggy side (I really noticed it in the sleeves, they seem to be "stretching"). I actually ran up and down stairs at work all day and didn't get winded like I used to.

Something odd happened to us the other day that I meant to write about earlier but forgot about. Friday night, after work, we stopped by the grocery store to pick up some last minute stuff for Saturday night's dinner. Hubby was making sushi (amongst other things) so we needed fresh stuff. The majority of our groceries are now of the fresh-not-packaged-variety these days. I was loading our stuff up onto the belt from the buggy and it was stuff like soy milk, lots of veggies, seafood, fresh pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, some Skinny sticks, water, etc. This woman and her daughter were checking out ahead of us and she looked at our groceries, looked at the two of us and gave us one of the "those" looks. You know the look? The "they are both over 300 pounds and who the hell do they think they are trying to fool, buying all that stuff that I don't recognize" look? She was slender, so was her daughter. Her grocery order consisted of frozen pizza, huge bags of potato chips, 2 litre bottles of pop, pop tarts, packaged and frozen everything and ice cream. I smiled smugly at her and thought to myself that her cholesterol is probably way higher than mine. It annoyed me and amused me at the same time. It's funny how people judge you by what's in your buggy (and how you do the same thing exactly, without realizing it!).

Anyway, I just hopped off my bike and ran upstairs to post. Supper smells marvelous so I think I'll go back downstair and see what's happening. Hope you're all having thin days too!!

No comments: