Wednesday, March 19, 2003

So I got some, not much, but some sleep last night. I think I was just too tired to sleep. I could feel every muscle in my legs as I lay in bed last night. I think it was just the sitting around waiting, and then the nervous walking up and down of halls, in winter boots...the tension and all that made me feel so sore. I still incredibly shitty this morning, not rested, and physically spent. I'm hoping I'll feel better after I get some breakfast. I'll be going into work a little late this morning but I've decided to take a day off from working out today. I think I would just hurt myself more if I did. If I can, I'll take a walk at lunchtime.

And it's Wednesday, already....Weigh-In Wednesday! Where's the week going?

Exercise
1. Do you have a specific fitness goal? What do you want to achieve?

I don't know how specific this is but I would like to be stronger and more flexible. Right now, 8 weeks into my program, I can feel that I already am stronger and more flexible than I was when I started. Eventually, I'd like to join a gym (I'd actually rather prefer to build a home gym but we don't have room in our house for much more than the recumbent bike which takes up 1/4 of our living room) and really get toned up. I think that will be in the fall though, when what I can do at home is no longer challenging and I've lost some more weight.

2. How do you measure your exercise progress? How are you doing so far?

I measure how I'm doing as far as progress goes by what I can do now that I couldn't do when I started. For example, we walked miles in the hospital yesterday and it didn't kill me. 3 months ago, I'd have been winded and walking very slowly as we walked through the labyrinth of hallways and tunnels. I really think that the physical exhaustion I felt last night was from stress, not from the activity. I can ride my bike longer, and at more challenging programs than I could when I started. I can run up and down stairs more easily than I when I started. I think I'm doing really well considering the condition I had allowed myself to get into and how hard I've worked since January 6.

3. What would be your fitness fantasy? Would you like to run a marathon, climb Everest? Race in the Tour De France?

That's something that I hadn't thought of before. I've seen that Fitness Fantasy program on the Discovery Health channel but never thought of something that I'd like to do along that line. I know that I'd love to go on a vacation in Europe and do that I'd want to be strong and fit enough to do a lot of walking every day so that I could really enjoy it and get the most of out of it.

No comments: