Monday, March 10, 2003

So, yesterday I actually worked out again. It felt great, just to be moving after being doubled over in bed for a couple of days. I'm not sure what it was exactly, I'm just glad that I'm over it. I've also started taking a calcium and magnesium supplement in addition to the multivitamin I had been taking. I was a little concerned about my calcium intake as I'd practically eliminated dairy from my diet (except for the occasional fat free yogurt). This, with the enriched soy milk I've been drinking brings me up to a good daily level. I really like that nutrient calculator on Fitday. I'm really paying attention to what's in my food these days, aside from the calories and fat. With each week that passes I'm learning more and more about what's actually in everything that I'm eating.

Anyway...here's this week's Progress Prompt:

You have a lot to be grateful for as you lose weight, become active and feel good about yourself. Write a gratitude journal entry.

I thought that this week's prompt was a little odd. At least for me. I frequently write about gratitude in my journal, and I notice that many of us who have weight-loss / fitness journals do as well. I suppose though that some people do get hung up on what they have yet to accomplish instead of reflection upon what they have already done. I'm very pleased with myself and what I have been able to do since I began this on January 6. I do know though, that this is not a "diet" for me, I've said this before. This is a total lifestyle change that we are committed to and have chosen to accept for the rest of our lives. While I do enjoy that my clothes are starting to get loose on me, the main reason for the change was to improve our health. Obviously, one of the side effects of improving our overall health and fitness is weight loss, and we both have it to lose. While I wish that we had made this change earlier, I'm glad that we did it when we did and I'm very happy about the way we feel. We're both stronger and healthier today than we were 3 months ago and for that I am thankful.

No comments: